- Fundamentals: Mathematics and English
- Web Development
- Computer Architecture
- Information Systems
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
Exit Level Outcomes
On completion of the course, a learner will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff and users of information systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different types of computer systems and the use of computer technology in business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of problem solving techniques, and how to apply them in a technical environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer technology principles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer programming principles.
- Work effectively as a team member within a development project environment.
- Carry out, under supervision, a small task to demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge, techniques and skills needed to understand the fundamentals of computer programming.
Knowledge Areas Covered by the Qualification:
This qualification addresses the following knowledge areas being developed for the IT qualifications framework, including:
- Competence in creating programme segments with no supervision, or complete programs with limited supervision and direction from others.
- Contributing to solving user application problems and meeting their support needs.
- Investigating customer requirements and creating programme designs.
- Apply problem-solving techniques to given customer requirements in creating programme designs.
- Analysing data and contributing to system testing, over a variety of application areas.
- Understand the structure of a typical systems development project team, knowing the different roles and when to ask for assistance in performing the above tasks.
Apply for this course
Career opportunities as a Junior: Developer, Network Administrator, IT Technician, Web Developer, Systems Analyst
Apply for a learnership