The purpose of this qualification is to enhance readiness and provide entry into the areas of Systems Development at NQF level 5. It prepares learners for entry into the workplace or as undergraduate study in the Systems Development areas covered, providing them with the necessary knowledge needed for further study in the fields of Information Technology and Computer Sciences at Higher Education level.
The qualification is addressing the need in the workplace for nationally recognised qualifications, based on unit standards, that will allow people with workplace experience in the Systems Development areas covered, to request assessments and get recognition for prior learning.
The qualification is designed to:
Duration: Full Time, Day classes , Monday – Friday
- Provide qualified learners with an undergraduate entry into the fields of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Computer Sciences, specialising in the Systems Development area
- Allow the qualification to be acquired in the traditional way of formal study as well as in the workplace, through Learnerships Schemes or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).Prepare qualified learners for initial employment into the ICT and related industries. Qualified learners will have a solid understanding of computer industry concepts and to able to work in areas of Systems Development with intermediate technical complexity.
- Assist with professionalisation across the Information Technology Sector. It is intended to allow qualified learners to gain membership of registered professional bodies in the ICT industry
- Allow people with workplace experience in the Systems Development areas covered, to request assessments and get recognition for prior learning.
- Allow the credits achieved in National Certificates relating to Information Technology at NQF level 4 to be used as prior learning for this qualification, where applicable.