SETA – Information Technology:
Systems Development – NQF Level 4
- Fundamentals: Mathematics and English
- Web Development
- Computer Architecture
- Information Systems
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
On completion of the course, a learner will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff and users of information systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different types of computer systems and the use of computer technology in business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of problem solving techniques, and how to apply them in a technical environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer technology principles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of computer programming principles.
- Work effectively as a team member within a development project environment.
- Carry out, under supervision, a small task to demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge, techniques and skills needed to understand the fundamentals of computer programming.
KNOWLEDGE AREAS COVERED BY THE QUALIFICATION
This qualification addresses the following knowledge areas being developed for the IT qualifications framework, including:
- Competence in creating programme segments with no supervision, or complete programs with limited supervision and direction from others.
- Contributing to solving user application problems and meeting their support needs.
- Investigating customer requirements and creating programme designs.
- Apply problem-solving techniques to given customer requirements in creating programme designs.
- Analysing data and contributing to system testing, over a variety of application areas.
- Understand the structure of a typical systems development project team, knowing the different roles and when to ask for assistance in performing the above tasks.